We made it to our 1st condo called Bison Ranch after a full day of sight seeing...the day started in Lake Havasu at the London Bridge...the sun was hot and the temp about 75...alot better then the last time I was here...25 years ago with my Dad, Mom and Scott...temp of 117 @ 7pm!! And mosquito's the size of humming birds :) This time the visit was sooooooo much nicer!!
After about a hour walking around, an ice cream and a smashed penny later
we were off to a new wild life park called
It is a drive-thru wildlife park...and it was sooooo cool!!
Not only was it fun to drive thru Bison, Burro's, Big Horn Sheep, White Bison, Wolves and Black Bears
but the weather too... cold at 42 wet, drippy with a cold wind...
Crazy...crazy I tell you:)
From a sunny 75 to a rainy 42 in the span of about 3 hours.
I know this will surprise you all but I took a lot of pictures... here are a few...
After the drive-thru part there is a park and walk around part
All 5 of us have to say our favorite were the 3 three month old baby Black Bears
They were soooooo cute and we stood there in the cold, wet rain and watched them play for 45 min.
Then re-drove the loop and watched 2 adult bears climb trees and wrestle around for more then 30 min
And because we watched them so long we missed seeing Montezuma's Castle but the picture
of the sign shows the sky...
We got here about 5:20pm... oh well next time:)
We made it to the condo about 8:30 pm after a hard drive on the foggy, cold, rainy wet mountain roads...
Praise God for those Fat Angles!!
We were welcomed to a huge condo complete with fireplace:) (top photo)
I did try to get the Internet to work but after a few hours gave up and went to bed.
We all slept great:)
We all slept great:)
Wow! I can't believe all the wildlife you were so close to. Very cool!
ReplyDeleteoh my this is so cool! I can not wait to hear about it from the mouths of your adorable treasures:)
ReplyDelete