We started the day by going through Donners Pass. Tyler and I read "Pattie Reeds Doll" this last school year so I was looking forward to seeing the area.
Donner Lake was so pretty.
We went to the area that they say the Donner Party spent their winter. When we were at Grinding Rock you could "see it" but here it was hard to "see how it must of been"
To much construction, freeways, trees cut down and no replicas.
I guess the warm sunny day was a bit "off" too... of course I would never want to re-live that part of their story :) It was still nice to see where the history was made.
We drove hundreds of miles that looked like this...and it was a rare sight at times
to see another car. There is a lot of untouched California out there!! Who knew?!!
We found the Volcanic Scenic Byway.
The byway starts outside of and then goes through Lassen National Park.
I made a wrong turn that lead to a nice drive but put us about 2 hours
longer on the road (oops...supposed to be going north not south)
but I know it was a "God thing" because when we got to Lassen,
life flight was landing for
something that happened in the visitor center.
I was glad that we were not there when whatever happened...happened.
However, we didn't get to find out all the "nuggets" we could of seen.
We will just have to go back some day:)
We did have fun seeing the snow and ice.
Elaine found a run-off creek and took this picture...
I love having so many pictures to look at and re-live our trips together. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment