Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Year



(I just need to post something for 2012!!!)
 
As with any new year I make goals for myself...yes I am always writing I'm going to loose weight and I will use my gifts to bless someone each week, and I'm not going to use the charge card, and build savings up to... but the one I have always failed at but am so on fire for this year is the one about reading my Bible more then any other book.  I enjoy to read... I don't always have time to but I could make some time to, even if it was to have some peace after a loud, busy day. Sadly, it was not always my Bible I would grab. I know, I know, who better to bring me peace then the One who gives us peace? 

I have always wanted to get up early and spend the cool, quiet mornings with a hot cup of coffee, Bible and pen...but I am not a early morning person and I was never up more then 20 minutes before the 1st day care lamb came...my heart was willing my flesh was weak.  As the year ended and this new one has started I now have a little lamb who comes at 6 am with the next one coming at 6:45 am that gives me 45 minutes to have that hot cup of coffee, Bible and pen... and boy have the mornings been cool lately...not just in temperature but sweet time with my Lord.

What an answer to my hearts desire!!

One of the great things He has showed me is that when I have "not enough" I need to give thanks and He will make what I do have more than enough.  In John, Jesus is asked to feed thousands of people...all He has is a few loaves and fish...He takes them gives thanks and then there is not only enough to feed the thousands there are baskets left over. He will take the thanksgiving you give and give so much more!!

So I guess my over all goal this year is to give thanks!! For everything and in everything no matter what...that will help me loose weight, save more, bless more people...have more time to read:)  All because I will give thanks for all I have...even when what I have is dry, stinky and not enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment