Tyler's Cub scout pack 753 had it's 1st Raingutter Regatta in July...
Tyler painted his boat 2 coats of red...I had cut groves in the bottom of the wood for the "boat pieces" (rutters I think they are called:) he was going to decorated his sail to be like a pirate boat. Well as the morning of the race got within 8 hours and no painted sail I thought I woulds surprise Tyler and decorate his sail with drawn baseball items. I thought he would like it...well... I had overstepped my Mom bounds and Tyler was not to happy with me for finishing his boat to the point he was not even going to race..."I'll just sit and watch" Silence most of the way to the race site. I even tryed to make him feel better with a "Breakfast of Champions"... Donuts!! That cheered him a little...but he was still a little grumpy at me. So we get to the race site. He stays in the car...to finish eating his un-healthy, bribe too cheer up breakfast and I go over to the tables and start to set up the practice gutters...the 1st scout to see Tyler's boat looks at me and says..." nice boat but it looks upside down...see this point it should be down here so it can cut through the water better" What!!!! Oh Lord... this Mom as big time failed now...Boat built upside down wrong drawings on the sail and a little guy who wants to sit and watch...Perfect!! Well as the races get started Tyler starts to get into the racing. I had asked for his name to be in the last race hoping he would warm up to the idea of his boat...and it worked by the time his name was called he had his boat and was ready to race!! Off he blew..and blew until he had...lost is 1st race.
Great I'm thinking here it comes...but to my surprise he was off cheering the next racers on.
Tyler and his upside down baseball sail boat!!
Just proves what I have known all along...this kid has a lot of hot air!!
No comments:
Post a Comment