As most know we are a baseball loving family...Scott played years ago, Trevor played for a few years, and Tyler is playing now...so when a local Padre All-Star is getting his number retired I find a way to get us tickets.
I ask Mom, who had never been to PetCo Park, and Scott to come with us.
Let's make it a family day!!
The All-Star player is Trevor Hoffman...yes the one who "inspired" us to name our big boy bundle almost 13 years ago... Trevor, the one who has the most pitching saves in baseball history...a position that my youngest bundle loves to play. So why not go and live history!!!
What a humble man!!! He was amazing in his speech...he thanked his foundation...wife and family...let his 3 boys know how lucky they were to grow up watching great men on the team and that no person deserves this much praise. I think the most touching part was when Trevor's Dad was announced as the singer of the National Anthem...His father had passed away in 1995 and the Padre's had found a tape from 1980 when Mr. Hoffman had sung for opening day at a different ball field...what a great picture, one I will never forget...tears being wiped from nearly every eye. I thought what a great treasure from the past for the Hoffman family. I pray that if the Lords calling for my children takes them into a "place" that all can see and can touch so many people...they can be as humble yet proud enough to stand and say where the glory can be given. I will be paying for these memories for awhile but I will never forget them...I am so blessed to have been there and with the people I love the most.
baseball ups and downs...blown save by Bell top of the 9th and walk off win in the bottom on the 9th. What a great Day!!
Elaine 14, Trevor 12 1/2, Tyler 9
August 21, 2011
San Diego, Ca
No comments:
Post a Comment