Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let's Go Band...

Tonight Trevor and his beginning band had their first concert.  Trevor has enjoyed playing the Bassoon and has gone from jumping the first time he made a sound to a solo tonight...a solo because he is the only bassoon player in the whole school...and he sounded awesome if I may say so.  He was jazzed when the teacher asked for parents to come up and play their child's instrument.  I told Elaine to go up but knowing this was what he had been whispering about to Elaine, Tyler and my Mom giggling with excitement all evening.  So I went up and played... Lets just say I jumped when I made a sound come from this big and hard to hold instrument too.  I have never played an instrument...well piano for a little while...but not a blowing instrument.  And forget about reading notes...But Trevor has picked it up quite nicely. I am super proud of him and all that he has learned in the last few months with his school band.
Elaine & Tyler with a "sold out" standing room only crowd
Who taught them how to sit in a chair?

No comments:

Post a Comment