During Spring Break the kids and I went out to Palm Desert to a zoo
named The Living Desert.
What a lovely place to go... the combination of gardens and animals were just wonderful
to wander through. The day got a little warm...it is the desert after
all but once we
found a tree or covered area and had some water it felt great!!
There are all kinds of desert animals to see...
a lot were sleeping but a few were out and we enjoyed watching them.
God has created some amazing animals, flowers and colors...
This Mexican Wolf was one of the few animals moving around in the heat of the day. This just meant we stood there and watched him (or her:) for a long time. I'm not sure if he was nervous about something or was just showing off but he kept running back and forth, up and down the "hills". He even ran through the puddle that is in the enclosure and took a swim to cool off.
We sat and watched a reptile keeper chat. The boys liked
the Monitor Lizard...Elaine and
I viewed from afar...I got only as close as the zoom would take me:) In the
end both boys said this was their favorite part of the day. Elaines favorite part was
the very fun play ground...
aka: Gecko Gulch
I have so many more pictures but I think you just might have to go yourself and see for what a fun place The Living Desert is....
No comments:
Post a Comment