Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Camping Weekend

Jacob turned 6!!! And to celebrate we were invited to his camping weekend birthday party.
The kids and I enjoy camping and have all the gear...I knew I was going to buy better sleeping bags...but in getting out the tote boxes I find that a rat had made it's nest and completely destroyed the tent cover, an air mattress and the tarp that the tent sits on.  Rats Rats Rats!!!!!! Now I had to spend more then planned.  God was so gracious to provide some savings this year... so off Trevor and I went to get what we needed. 
Over all this was one of the best camping weekends...it  did start off a little stressful for me...I do not always do well when things are not working smooth.  But once I got everything set up and took my last daycare kid home I was able to settle down for a sleepless night :) 
 Saturday was a super fun day...we had game after game of Bannagrams, army men battles, smash ball, sticky ball toss, bubbles, food, we went for a hike, "base" ball games, Frisbee, S'more roasting. The kids were everywhere but never out of sight for long.  Was such a great day!!!
Trevor was like the leader of the pack...
he seemed to always have a small person close to him and
going where he was going...
Parker got a ride back to camp after a short hike :)


Who can walk up to a lake of water and not toss in rocks? 
No one in this group.
Sweet friends out for a walk
What would a camping trip be with out a Clark in a tree
OR
A lizard in a Clark hand?

My sweet little girl who will be 14 in a few weeks...

On Sunday Morning we made pancakes over the camp fire
Dave did most of the pouring and flipping but Trevor
had to try...


This sums up our whole weekend...
Thank you Jacob for allowing us to be apart of your 6th Birthday!!
We Love You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment